TO GET IN FRONT OF OUR MICRO-FUNDERS, YOU MUST:
By December 4th 2017:
- Be age 24 or under & be a resident of Nova Scotia.
- Submit either a pitch deck/presentation (no more than 15 slides) or a shortened business plan (no more than 5 pages) that includes: what your product or service is, who your targeted or current customers are, how you market your product or service to attract customers, who your competitors are, and a clear budget that allocates how the awarded $10,000 will be spent.
- Clearly illustrate why you are passionate about your business venture.
- Clearly outline the value you will create for the province through social, economic and/or environmental impacts.
- Submit a letter signed by all team members, committing to spending the awarded investment on the venture presented, and committing to adhering to all CRA tax regulations.
- All submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 4th 2017 in order to be considered for this opportunity.
- If you would like to be connected to a mentor to help practice and refine your pitch, we will match you with one.
- If you live outside of Halifax and cannot afford to travel to the city, please let us know and we will ask a local business to sponsor your travel to and from the event.
- If you have any questions about how to submit your application, please contact Allyson at 902-579-3705 or email@example.com.
Three Finalists Will be Selected Based (on a 1-10 Scale) on the Following Criteria:
- Viability of the business venture.
- Company's vision and mission.
- Demonstrated passion and reason(s) WHY the entrepreneurs want to pursue the opportunity.
- Scalability of the business venture.
- Marketing plan of the business venture.
- Plan and budgeted allocation of awarded investment.
- Demonstrated value creation through social, economic and/or environmental impacts on Nova Scotia.
- Team experience and education as it relates to the venture and team's ability to implement the plan.
- Partnerships that have been created that will help support the venture.
Finalists will be announced by December 19th 2016.
On Tuesday, January 16th (4 PM - 6 PM):
- Pitch your business venture in 8 minutes or less
- 100 Entrepreneurs will then vote & will write their cheques to the winner
- Network with a room full of creative business leaders that want to see you succeed!
- Live happily ever after