SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENSION: DUE TO COVID-19 THE YOUTH PITCH COMPETITION HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO THE FALL 2020 AND THEREFORE THE APRIL 24TH DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO SEPTEMBER 30TH, 2020.
NEW - We now have two categories for applications:
TO GET IN FRONT OF OUR MICRO-FUNDERS, YOU MUST:
- Be age 35 and under & a resident/student of Nova Scotia at the time of application.
- 75% of your team MUST be within the specified age range of one of the two age categories (Age 17 and below OR age 18 - 35).
- Must NOT have received more than $5,000 in funding (grants, pitch competitions, investment, etc.)
- Revenue DOES NOT exceed $15,000 per year.
- Answer the following questions (via form below):
- Describe your business or idea.
- Mission/vision statement.
- Who are your target customers?
- Who are your competitors?
- How will you attract paying customers?
- Why are you passionate about this idea/business?
- What impact does it/will it have on Nova Scotia? (Economic, social, environmental, etc).
- Create a budget on how the money will be spent.
- Submit a letter signed by all team members, committing to spending the awarded investment on the venture presented, and committing to adhering to all CRA tax regulations (this will be sent to you after completion of application).
- SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENSION: DUE TO COVID-19 THE APRIL 24TH DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO SEPTEMBER 30TH, 2020.
- If you would like to be connected to a mentor to help practice and refine your pitch, we will match you with one.
- If you live outside of Halifax and cannot afford to travel to the city, please let us know and we will ask a local business to sponsor your travel to and from the event.
- If you have any questions about how to submit your application, please contact Allyson at 902-579-3705 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful Applicants Will be Selected Based (on a 1-10 Scale) on the Following Criteria:
- Viability of the business venture.
- Company's vision and mission.
- Demonstrated passion and reason(s) WHY the entrepreneurs want to pursue the opportunity.
- Scalability of the business venture.
- Marketing plan of the business venture.
- Plan and budgeted allocation of awarded investment.
- Demonstrated value creation through social, economic and/or environmental impacts on Nova Scotia.
Finalists will be announced by MID OCTOBER.
Finalists will be provided with guidance/support on preparing their pitches.
At the event - TBD:
- Pitch your business venture in 8 minutes or less
- 100 Entrepreneurs will then vote & will write their cheques to the winner
- Network with a room full of creative business leaders that want to see you succeed!
- Grow your business!