TO GET IN FRONT OF OUR MICRO-FUNDERS, YOU MUST:
SUBMISSIONS DUE BY 11:59 PM AST ON April 30th 2019.
- Be age 24 or under & a resident/student of Nova Scotia at the time of application.
- Answer the following questions (via form below):
- Describe your business or idea.
- Mission/vision statement.
- Who are your target customers?
- Who are your competitors?
- How will you attract paying customers?
- Why are you passionate about this idea/business?
- What impact does it/will it have on Nova Scotia? (Economic, social, environmental, etc).
- Create a budget on how the $10,000 will be spent.
- Submit a letter signed by all team members, committing to spending the awarded investment on the venture presented, and committing to adhering to all CRA tax regulations (this will be sent to you after completion of application).
- All applications must be submitted no later than 11:59 PM AST on April 30th 2019 in order to be considered for this opportunity.
- If you would like to be connected to a mentor to help practice and refine your pitch, we will match you with one.
- If you live outside of Halifax and cannot afford to travel to the city, please let us know and we will ask a local business to sponsor your travel to and from the event.
- If you have any questions about how to submit your application, please contact Allyson at 902-579-3705 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful Applicants Will be Selected Based (on a 1-10 Scale) on the Following Criteria:
- Viability of the business venture.
- Company's vision and mission.
- Demonstrated passion and reason(s) WHY the entrepreneurs want to pursue the opportunity.
- Scalability of the business venture.
- Marketing plan of the business venture.
- Plan and budgeted allocation of awarded investment.
- Demonstrated value creation through social, economic and/or environmental impacts on Nova Scotia.
Finalists will be announced by May 14th 2019.
Finalists will be provided with guidance/support on preparing their pitches.
On Wednesday, June 5th (4 PM - 6 PM):
- Pitch your business venture in 8 minutes or less
- 100 Entrepreneurs will then vote & will write their cheques to the winner
- Network with a room full of creative business leaders that want to see you succeed!
- Live happily ever after