Entrepreneur/Business Leader Ticket
Date: Tuesday, January 16th
Time: 4-6 pm
Location: Halifax Central Library (5440 Spring Garden Road)
Frequently Asked Questions
In the past I brought my cheque, why do I have to pay in advance?
To simplify the payment process, we've decided to collect funds in advance of the event. This will help us collect the funds for the winning youth venture, as well as ensure we have the full $10,000 to contribute. 100 % of the funds collected from the ticket sales will be presented to the winning company.
How Does The Event Work?
- 100 Entrepreneurs & Business Leaders purchase a $100 ticket to attend the event
- At the event, each Entrepreneur/Business Leader is given a 'blank cheque' (provided by us) for $100
- 3 Youth Venture Finalists pitch their business ventures (in 8 minutes or less)
- 100 Entrepreneurs & Business Leaders vote, and then write their micro-investment cheque to the winner
What's In It for you, as Business Leader and/or Entrepreneur?
In addition to blazing a trail for young entrepreneurs, we believe that tangible business opportunities will come out of this event for our 100 Entrepreneurs & Business Leaders. In addition to networking with other leaders in the room, you'll also have a chance to earn new business from our finalists. We believe that is a powerful opportunity for local business owners.
How Will the Money Be Handled & Spent?
- Cheques are payable to the winning registered business name, or founder(s) if a business name has not yet been registered
- We realize there is a bit of risk involved - as we as Entrepreneurs know. We are asking you to take a calculated chance on our vetted finalists. We believe that by taking a chance on qualified young entrepreneurs that are committed, driven, connected and practiced, we are investing in the next generation of business leaders in Nova Scotia - in a meaningful tangible way.